Pesto pepper cauliflower pizza! Another one pan meal tonight, again inspired by @jshealth. We often have homemade pizza, but I haven’t made a cauliflower base in a while. Will see how it is received! I kept with toppings the kids love so hopefully the base goes down well too
1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
2 free-range or organic egg, lightly beaten
1 cup almond meal
1-2 tbsp coconut flour, if on hand
1 handful of shredded mozzarella
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp dried herbs (I used oregano & thyme)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Toppings of your choice. I used pesto, pizza sauce, peppers, mozzarella, oregano and topped with rocket.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it’s the consistency of fine crumbs.
3. Place the cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. This is key to making a crisp pizza base.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and combine with the egg, almond meal, coco flour, spices, herbs, olive oil, Mozzarella, salt and pepper.
5. Place the cauliflower mixture in the centre of the tray. Lay a second sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms or a rolling pin to flatten into a circle/rectangle.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the base is firm and slightly browned. Mine took slightly longer.
7. Remove from the oven and top your favourite ingredients. You may also want to add more seasoning, plus some extra olive oil.
8. I cranked the oven up to 220 C and returned the pizza to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
9. Take the pizza out of the oven and cool for a few minutes before slicing.