This is a healthy gluten free take on the beloved schnitzel! Such an easy weeknight meal, we teamed ours with roasted broccoli, sweet potato fries and lemon wedges!
Recipe thanks to www.delicious.com.au.
12 chicken tenderloins
1 1/4 cups (125g) quinoa flakes
1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
1/4 cup (35g) rice flour
1/2 cup (60ml) milk
Olive oil or coconut oil, to shallow-fry
1. Place the chicken between 2 pieces of baking paper and use a rolling pin to flatten slightly.
2. Place quinoa flakes, parmesan, herbs and lemon zest in a food processor and whiz to combine, then transfer to a bowl.
3. Place the rice flour in a separate bowl and season.
4. Place the eggs and milk in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Working in batches, coat the chicken in four, then egg mixture, then crumbs and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
6. Heat 2cm oil in a frypan over medium heat.