This is one of our favourite desserts. It’s easy to make and a gluten-free alternative to the classic, French clafoutis.
The below recipe serves 8, but I halved the quantities for our family and used a smaller dish.
Recipe thanks to Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
Ingredients (serves 8)
3 cups (300g) almond meal
1 cup 150g amaranth flour
1 tsp each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
400ml extra virgin olive oil
250g blueberries, plus extra to serve
Yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat the oven 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm x 5cm-deep ovenproof dish.
2. Combine the almond meal, amaranth flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and honey in a bowl. Gradually add the oil and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk, then fold into the almond meal mixture.
3. Pour batter into the prepared dish and scatter over the blueberries. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the berries to sink slightly into the batter.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until slightly puffed and dark golden.
5. Serve clafoutis warm with yoghurt and extra blueberries.