Recipe from www.goodiegoodielunchbox.com.au.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion diced finely
2 carrots diced finely
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp freshly chopped leaves (1 tsp dried basil)
I tbsp tomato paste
2 x 400g can tomatoes
2 x cups vegetable stock
2/3 cup coconut milk
1. In a large soup pot over a medium heat the oil and sauté the onions, carrots and garlic until softened, around 2 or 3 minutes
2. Add the basil and tomato paste and mix through until well combined.
3. Add the canned tomatoes along with two cups of stock, one cup of water and season with salt and pepper and bring the soup to the boil.
4. Once the soup is at boiling point, turn the heat down to low and simmer for around 20 minutes or so
5. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
6. Using a blender, blend until the mixture is smooth.
7. Add the coconut cream and reheat before serving or if serving to young children you may wish to serve without reheating