Savoury Breakfast Muffins! These are very popular in our household and are a great protein filled start to the day. I would probably suggest making these the day before if your children wake up starving but if they are happy to help and wait they are so good warm out of the oven.
The below recipe makes 6, so I would suggest doubling the quantities. The muffins can keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Or you can freeze them, and warm in oven when required.
Recipe thanks to Lee Holmes.
1 cup Almond Meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 cup plain full fat yoghurt
2 tbs melted butter
1/2 cup additive free ham
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated zucchini, remove excess moisture
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Combine almond meal, baking power, baking soda, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together yoghurt, butter and eggs. Add to flour mixture with remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
4. Spoon evenly into the muffin tin holes.
5. Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
6. Cool in tin for 10 mins and then turn out onto wire rack.