My little food critic and stylist in action. This easy chicken curry is our go to weeknight meal and a great way to introduce spices to your family.
In this recipe they add a delicious depth of flavour and numerous health benefits without being overpowering.
This is a winner even with fussy eaters. I stir through chopped baby spinach leaves but you can always leave this out.
500 grams boneless chicken thighs chopped into 1 inch cubes
1 brown onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 tbs ginger, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of chopped spinach (optional)
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté every minutes or so for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomato paste, turmeric, cumin and coriander powders and mix into a wet paste.
- Add the yoghurt, chicken, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until the meat is sealed and no longer pink on the outside.
- Add 1/4 cup water/bone broth, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir through chopped spinach (optional)
- Serve with rice, quinoa and/or a side of veg for the perfect, balanced, delicious supper.