This Bay Potatoes recipe care of The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson is super simple but oh so delicious!
My daughter loves roast vegetables, my son loves roast potatoes but often balks at roasted sweet potato. Who knows why, it’s my absolutely favourite!
It’s important to keep things interesting and exciting for kids, I this fun layering effect might just entice him!
3 sweet potatoes
3 small red onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 dry or 5 fresh bay leaves
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs melted butter
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut vegetables into 6mm rounds, and line the sliced in a greased 23 by 33cm pan, in an alternating pattern.
2. Slip in bay leaves between every few slices.
3. Drizzle with butter and olive oil.
4. Top with minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake in oven at 220C for about an hour, or until vegetables are tender but crispy on the edges.