These no bake millet bars are one of my go to healthy snacks! They are full of good fats and disappear very quickly in my household.
This recipe was originally created with puffed quinoa but I substituted with puffed millet, as I prefer it. As with any recipe adapt as per what’s in your pantry for example sultanas instead of goji’s, a different nut or seed butter, sunflower instead of pepita’s.
Recipe care of http://www.jlfitnutrition.com.
2 cups puffed millet
1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup pepitas
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
Dark chocolate for drizzling
1. Combine millet, gojis, pepitas, chia seeds and coconut in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat rice syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil in a saucepan until coconut oil has melted.
3. Pour peanut mixture over dry ingredients and combined.
4. Spread mixture into a baking tin, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
5. Place in the fridge to set.
6. Once set, melt chocolate and drizzle over unsliced bars. Allow to set, then slice into bars. Store in fridge.